Hyde Park’s First Annual South Side Pie Challenge was a huge success! So many neighbors and friends came together to socialize and celebrate pie – the community support and everyone’s enthusiasm far exceeded our expectations!
We are now working on the e-cookbook with recipes from the 2012 Challenge.
We want to thank all the people who made the event GREAT:
- all the bakers for their hard work and delicious pies;
- the judges, who spent their Saturday morning with us and worked diligently to score each and every tasty pie;
- our amazing volunteers who tirelessly worked to ensure the event ran smoothly;
- Ray School principal and custodial staff who donated the lovely space and helped us with set up;
- the local businesses who showed their community commitment by donating coffee, gift certificates, books, and food for volunteers to our event;
- various Chicago media outlets for helping us spread the word;
- the local community, Hyde Park and beyond, for their support, enthusiasm, and for attending the event and eating a lot of pie for a great cause.
We will definitely do it all again next November – so if you baked this year, get your Pie Score Sheet to find out what you can work on to improve your pie skills, and if you didn’t bake this year, definitely consider it for 2013.
Why? Because everyone loves pie!